Friday, August 6, 2010

Outsides, Feelings and Splats

After painting for a total of 6 plus hours, broken into two three-ish hour sessions, many things had happened. My outsides were almost totally covered in paint. Arms, legs, face, neck, and everything in between, seemed coated in red and purple and blue and green. I love the feel of paint on my skin, and the smell of paint, and what it's like to create something with it. The outsides of the house showed signs of my presents as well. There were large splats of blue and purple on the house, door and the cement. The dog has a blue spot on the top of her head, and the picnic table that I paint on, it's a lost cause. Finger painting, splatter painting, and layering with pallet knives in the dark have taken a toll.
The first of the painting 'sessions' I had two others with me. So, I wasn't about to dance around in pigtails as I do when I paint alone. It's very hard for me, to try to be calm and composed as I paint, and it showed. Taylor asked me about my current state plenty of times, but what else is new? Even my splatter painting was stiff and strained. What can I say? I cannot perform with an audience that I'm trying not to appear too terribly odd in front of.
The second session was a much needed one. To be frank, after the first one ended my anger and frustration started to build, impairing my ability to focus and teach the oboe. It took cookie dough, Voltaire and talking it out to ginger #1 to calm me down. When I went out to paint, the sun was just starting to set. I loosened up, figured out a few ideas, and stitched together my plan for the 'Big Azz Canvas.' I painted from about quarter to nine until almost midnight, using a flashlight only when necessary, stopping for a drink and to apply bug spray. I may have finished more paintings, one being a spazzy face done to kill time, but the other is a sort of abstract-y face that I may like. I don't know.
I get to spend some time today with people at the park, possibly drawing and causing a ruckus, which is always fun. I still need to do a sketchbook dump, when I can focus, and post some shots of paintings in progress.

With Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment