Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Don't Wake Me Up; I Am Still Dreaming.

Lyrical Title, semi-related to the post... Sort of? I've been listening to 'Don't Wake Me Up' by the Hush Sound quite a bit, so I've been working on a painting that seems to be influenced it more and more every time I work on it. But, then again, it may turn out to be a spazz and nothing related to it. I'm not sure yet. But, I do know that the song helps to capture the state of disquietude I seem to dwell in... partially.
I've been going to school 4 days a week this summer, to work on art projects. I haven't finished much, and I doubt I will any time soon. I've done quite a few sketches, of my 'classmates' and bikes & cars from the parking lot. The art teacher is really cool, which helps.
I started my first attempt at painting a still life, and I doubt I will finish it. My heart isn't into it, so I can take it home, gesso and then paint over it.
I've plenty of things I should be doing but won't, so I'll let you go. Maybe I'll take pictures for the next sketch dump, or doodle, or use pastels for the hell of it.
Who knows? It's summer and I've free reign.

With Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment