Sunday, August 1, 2010

They Shouldn't Let Me In

To art stores, that is. I walk into one with a wallet 'full' of cash and a 40% off coupon, and I practically wet myself. In half an hour, I've found myself taking home paint, gesso, brushes, knives and canvas. It was the most amazing thing ever. Well, sort of.


I've been trying to get a handle on everything non-artsy, but It's hard when I get my ideas when I'm trying to be productive. But, at least I've "summer school" tomorrow. I get to go and just creep/draw. Also, I finally got a card reader, so I can use my new 4gb SDHC card! I am incredibly excited!

Also, because I can, My Motto in Life. I try to:
a) Be Happy
b) Learn Every Day
c) Try something new
d) keep most of my blood inside my body at all times.
e) Check for paper before you squat
f) Life is sacred and none have the authority to end that of another

Now, like the English language, there are exceptions to the rules. Like, I have been known to give up my happiness so that others can be happy. And those summer days, where I do a total of zero educational things. But, rule 'D' is the one I do my best to follow closest. Sure, I will give blood. But that is it. My blood.rt in my life, but it's difficult when I get my ideas at random times while trying to be productive.

So yeah, I'll stop rambling and go work on some stuff now...

With Love,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Mass supplies for creativity are splendid. Although, I have to wonder where one finds new things to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about realizing you're terrible at something, because then you need a massive ammount of supplies to practice with. So, then you're less terrible.

    ReplyDelete