Monday, August 16, 2010

Cha-Cha-Changes

Let's just say I was tired of the long-ass blog name. And I've begun to feel as though my life is static, unmoving and never evolving. So, new name to the blog, and I'm working on a banner of some sort. I like it better, and this way I wont spell the url wrong, which I've done on many occasions.
I've many paintings in the works, but I keep getting distracted, right when I plan on working on them. It's frustrating, as is finding yourself liking someone. You know they can't like you back, and you try to stop liking them, but then they show how smart or witty they are, and you're stuck even more. If anything, it makes me feel lonely, which I detest. So, I'm left trying to portray the loneliness and then the anger I feel for myself because I feel lonely. It doesn't turn out well.
On a happier note, I've had my sketchbook Lotus for almost a month now, and he's about half-full. I took a bit of a break from drawing every day, but as of last night, he and I are re-acquainted, and the few bits of world history I remember have been illustrated. I also found this site, Illustration Fridays, and am glad to say I think I will start partaking. It is always easier when someone comes up with the idea for me. Some times, I just can't think in a coherent enough manner, even for myself. The ideas get jumbled up and start wrestling each other, trying to get to the top of the pile. That just makes them harder to sort through.
I'm quite discouraged in my attempts to hold an art show. Venues don't like short-term renting, no one is willing to help me out. I'd do a solo show, but I lack the confidence in my own work, and the patients and work ethic to produce that much art.
I think I'll go draw a bit, maybe even write a bit. I'm not quite sure. Have a good day, oh and check out the picture at the end of the post. I light painted with taylor and Matt the other day, and this was one of my favorite shots.

With love,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. In the end if all else fails I suppose there's always a park to host an art show. It's simply not as brilliant as somewhere else, though.
    Unfortunately, the work ethic of others cannot be controlled. No matter how I sometimes wish otherwise. . .

    ReplyDelete