Sunday, September 26, 2010

Drawings, Wolverine, Music and an Old, Forgotten Painting

So, I've been spending a lot of time in my room, sitting at my desk, drawing. I'm gonna post some more drawings and sketches toward the end of this post. I've been feeling really odd, and quite spazzy. So, I've been listening to a lot of CD's, different bands. Plus, I got a few new ones. But, I listen mostly to The Hush Sound, Oasis, 3Oh!3, The Wombats, Vampire weekend, Eric hutchinson and Muse. You can see the top CD's on my pile in the picture I took.
Oh, so Sadly, Salazar is becoming much more filled. I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I've just been drawing up a storm lately. I'm not complaining. Anyway, I've a few sketchbooks for once he's full. And the next ones I've are a plain tan moleskins, so I'll be able to decorate them. You can see them now, before I take stickers, markers, and/or other stuff to them. All packed up nice and neat.

Also, I'm working on a multiblock print in my advanced studies class, of a photo I took myself. It's inspired me to try and make some stamps of my own. No, I'm not carving into erasers.... yes I am. Oh, and I've been having my friends draw me photos on sticky notes, and have pages in Salazar for them. I absoloutly love sticky notes. Yay. Oh, and I've a disposable camera almost all the time. Not only am I documenting my senior year, but If I'm lucky, I've a few neat shots on the camera I'm currently working on.

Ever since I drew Wolverine on a hard boiled egg in July (don't ask,) I've been kinda sorta obsessed with the clawed super-awesome hero. So I now have purchased a multitude of comics, and have spent four dollars and about 10 minutes in the dollar store, feeling through foil packaging. I got stickers, but more importantly, I now own a short little Wolverine Figurine. Best Day Ever.


Sooooooo, now you get to see a bunch of pages from my sketchbook, uploaded to photobucket. You can click on them to see them in a larger view. They are a variety of pen, coloured pencil, Sharpie, watercoloured pencil, and washable marker.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Oh, one more thing. I found a painting I "finished" in August, mostly splattering with a hint of a face behind it. Acrylic paint, I was thinking about doing a few others, as a sort of 'series,' but have since then changed my mind. This was titled "Disquietude." I'm not sure if I'm going to post the actual painting, but I was taking detail shots, and really liked this one. So, I leave you with a shot of splattering and lips. (Click to see it larger)
With Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment