Friday, September 3, 2010

August is Over

So, a few things to talk about. There is band camp, school, projects I'm working on, moving (or not), and some ladies you should check out.
First, band camp kicks ass. I love it, marching and playing, messing around with friends and messing with freshman's heads. We're doing a medley of "tommy" by the Who, and it really is fantastic. I march with the Bari sax though, and the bari bra harness isn't the most flattering comfortable thing to wear. But still, I'm having a blast, as I always do. We went bowling, which is a tradition, and I had loads of fun, and did some gesture drawings of bowlers, which was oddly amusing. Yay!
I'm now a SENIOR! I am SO excited! I love school, learning about things I never thought I'd understand, and getting better at writing and math. But, alas, I detest the social aspect of it all. I'm hopin' now that we're all seniors, we will get along better.
So, I have like, 4-6 paintings in the works, I guess? But a large part of me wants to paint over them and start over. Story of my life, really. I haven't had time to paint recently, with band and lessons and hanging with Taylor. But, I've been taking a lot of pictures (none that I like, but still.) and have drawn up a storm. I need to do a new sketch dump, and soon introduce you to Salazar! Gosh, I love sketchbooks.
Speaking of Taylor, she isn't moving! Which is wonderful. We haven't any classes together, but she's staying 10 minutes from my house, on foot. We can still have sleepovers and go to biglots. We can paint and sing, and goof around at 10 at night. Can you say Huzzah?
Oh, and I thought I'd share a blog that I follow every once in a while. You know, my favorites that I think you should check out. First, you should check out I still can't tell which ones are weeds. It's written by an art teacher/letterpress printer. She seems to dig a lot of things I do, art wise, so I think you should check her out.
Then, stop on by Dancing Tales, and read what comes from the mind of my favorite ginger. She's a very good friend of mine, and I think you'll like the way she thinks.

So, I'm going through the extra shots I took at the state fair, and it is taking ages. I'm talking about the more candid shots I took. But, I found one that I really like. You may see more later, but if not, here is one of the most adorable photos I took at the fair:
(Click for larger view)



With Love and a Song,
Sarah


PS. Some Songs I listened to While Typing this:
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment