Friday, December 31, 2010

Adieu, 2010. Good Riddance.

This year was good. Then it  was awesome. Then it was terrible, less terrible, almost okay, and for the last few weeks, took a turn for the even worse. Much has been learned, much has been lost, and in the end I feel slightly forgotten. But, in approximately three hours and nineteen minutes, it will be over. But really, what does the end of the year matter?
The world isn't going to shift on it's axis, I won't suddenly find myself with loads of cash and males drooling all over me. I will still have to practice at art and music to improve. Dad will still be sick in the hospital, and I will still be a head case, looking for some happiness in my terribly angsty teenage sort of world. It's all quite depressing, seeing how terrible my life is. Everyone should pity me, really. I'm poor little Sarah, who needs everyone to stop dealing with their problems, and cater to my every whim.... Haha, that's funny. Sure, I vent, but even I can't be that obnoxious.

It appears to be time for resolutions, things that I'd like to accomplish in the year 2011. Yeah.

1. Increase Creativity
Generalizations are fun! But, I'll be more specific.
-- I'd like to paint more, Acrylic & Watercolour.
-- A month to fill a sketchbook, it shows I need to make an effort to draw daily.
-- I'm going to have prints of at least one drawing or painting. And I'm going to sell them.
-- I'm going to open my Etsy Shop, Art and Audacity. I'm so close to being able to.
-- I Will get my Nikon D3100 if it kills me. Seriously.
-- Maybe sort of try and get more blog traffic.... :)
2. Decrease Hate & Pessimism
3. Be more Prompt & Reliable
-- I will plan, not put to much on my plate and ask for help if I need it.
4. Be More Confident.
-- I'm going to take compliments in stride,
-- Feel confident in my own skin
-- And Own how awesome I am.
5. Read & Write Like there is no tomorrow.
-- I want to get published, so I'm going to write daily.
-- Not only would I love a novel published, but short stories, novellas & poems are awesome too.
-- Reading at least 4 days a week is a must.
-- Editing and learning more about Grammar and spelling too.

Was there anything else I meant to add to this? Probably. Am I going to wrack my brain? No. I'm much to busy dwelling in hateful thoughts and self-loathing for, say,  three hours and three minutes.

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. You do indeed possess an awesomeness like no other, my friend. ^.^

    ReplyDelete