Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's Your Definition?

When I read books or watch movies & shows, I've a tendancy to draw a lot from them when I draw. But, is that really considered fan art? If it isn't truely intentional to draw someone with a little glass vial, or if you accidentally find the girl you're drawing with a gun pressed somewhere against her anatomy, does it count? Either way, you will probably see a little bit of Zydrate or the Pavi in a sketchbook dump in the near future. I just saw Repo: The Genetic Opera for the first time. Also, I was lucky enough to read the beginning of something my friend is writing, that may pop up too, you just won't be able to tell. -insert evil laugh-

I'll hopefully post the first dozen or so sketchbook pages soon, and maybe some of the paintings I'm working on. Who knows? All I know, is I really need to start Dancing to Joy Division, and stop feeling so blah.

I've a thing for sketchbooks, recycled and not. In the past month, I've purchased 7. A landscape, one with the slytherin crest, three moleskins and two recycled ones. I finally realized if I paint in multiple at once, I can work on a picture, and then another while the first dries. Also, I hope to get the links of my cafepresses (all quite old, I'm working on new designs) up, as well as getting my etsy account totally set up, and things listed. So, yes. Have a marvelous day.

With love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment